Move safely: How to pack relocation goods.
Please note that moving to a far-away destination with myAirCargo requires more careful packaging than a domestic relocation. Your shipment will be loaded onto and off trucks as well as being stacked onto airfreight pallets alongside heavy commercial cargo. By following these instructions, you can make sure your household items reach their destination safely.
Suitable packaging materials:
- Heavy-duty cardboard boxes (twin or triple cushioned walls, rated for at least 40 kg / 85 lbs)
- Bubble wrap
- Cushioning materials (e.g. packing peanuts, styrofoam chips, crumpled newspaper)
- High-quality tape (at least 5 cm / 2 in wide)
- Assemble the box and tape over all bottom edges.
- Cover the bottom of the box with a layer of cushioning material.
- Wrap each item in bubble wrap individually before placing it in the box. Leave a gap between your items and the walls of the box, fill it with cushioning material for extra protection.
- Use ample cushioning material to fill up the space between your items, they should not be able to move inside the box.
- Fill up the cardboard box with cushioning material all the way to the top. Close the lid and tape over all edges.
- Tape the myAirCargo label provided with your booking confirmation to the box.
- We recommend using new boxes. Used boxes are less stable and provide less protection for your items. Please make sure to use high-quality boxes.
- Do not overload your boxes. We recommend no more than 25 kg / 55 lbs per box.
- Place heavier items at the bottom and lighter items at the top of the box.
- Suitcases and bags are not suitable for packaging, as labels do not stick to them properly.
- For fragile or valuable items, we recommend professional packaging. Our service center can refer you to a packaging specialist.
- It is your responsibility to pack your items securely for transport. myAirCargo and our insurance provider will assume no liability for damages caused by improper packaging.
- Our drivers and our airport staff can refuse transport if they fear poor packaging might cause a safety hazard for your items, other shipments or our staff.